[Announce] [Linux-aus] LCA2018 Call for Bids

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Fri Aug 14 13:39:41 AEST 2015

On Fri, Jul 03, 2015 at 02:36:50PM +1000, Tony Breeds wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Plans are coming along really well for linux.conf.au 2016 in Geelong.
> We're very much looking forward to seeing you all there, but in the
> meantime it's time to start thinking about plans for 2018[0].
>
> I realise we're a bit behind schedule on the formal call for bids, so
> here is the revised timeline
>
> * July        - Formal Bids are requested to host linux.conf.au 2018
>                 (this email)
>               - Council works with Bid Teams to help them prepare their
>                 bids, answering questions and providing guidance
> * August 14   - Submission of formal bids closes
>               - Council clarifies any questions regarding the bids and
>                 reviews them

So the council has *NOT* received any formal bids.  We have received
expressions of interest from a 2 parties.  We will work with them to flesh out
a bid over the next month.  Assuming we end up with 2 complete bids they will
be published here for comment.

If this process does NOT result in a successful bid we'll inform the community
and announce the next steps.

Yours Tony.