[Announce] [Linux-aus] Declaration of Council Election and call for Nominations - and change of end voting date

Joshua Hesketh josh at nitrotech.org
Mon Dec 15 14:37:59 EST 2014

Hi all,

Also sending this to the announce list to note the change of end voting
date to the 11th of Jan. (see below). A lot of people tend to leave
voting until during LCA when they remember to, so please get your votes
in (once they are open) before you leave for the conference otherwise
you may miss out.

With only 2 days left for nominations we so far only have 4 confirmed
candidates for 7 positions. Please get your nominations in as soon as
possible.

If you have been nominated for a position, you also need to accept the
nomination if you wish to run for council (by logging into
https://www.linux.org.au/membership/ and selecting "accept" next to your
nomination). This must be done before close of nominations on Wednesday.

Candidates require 2 nominations before they can accept their candidacy.
You may self-nominate to fill one of these 2 nominations. In fact, it's
encouraged to do so, especially if you currently have no nominations as
it shows your interest and gives you a chance to announce your platform.

Cheers,
Josh