[Announce] PyCon Australia 2011: Registration Closing Soon!

Ryan Kelly ryan at rfk.id.au
Thu Aug 11 12:17:48 EST 2011

Hi Everyone,

Registrations for PyCon Australia 2011 are closing soon!

The conference is just over a week away, so we need final numbers in the
next few days.  If you're planning to attend, please register now!

PyCon Australia is Australia's only conference dedicated exclusively to
the Python programming language, and will be held at the Sydney Masonic
Center over the weekend of August 20 and 21. See below for more
information and updates on:

     1. Registration Closing Soon
     2. Coffee
     3. Hosting Panel
     4. More Sponsors Announced

Please pass this message on to those you feel may be interested.

Registration Closing Soon
=========================

Full Registrations for the conference will be closing on:

    Monday 15th August:  Full Registrations close

That's only five days away, so register now to be sure you don't
miss out.

By request, we will still allow latecomers to register until just before
the conference.  However, since it's after the deadline for catering and
printing, you won't be entitled to a T-shirt or a seat at the conference
dinner:

    Thursday 18th August:  Last-Minute Registrations close

Please note that we will *not* accept registrations at the door.

So don't delay, register now at:

    http://pycon-au.org/reg

Coffee
======

Thanks to gold sponsors Arclight, we will be able to provide one of the
most requested additions to this year's conference:  Coffee!

Yes, Arclight have generously agreed to provide a free coffee cart for
the duration of the conference.  And there was much rejoicing.

Hosting Panel
=============

Saturday evening will feature an informal panel discussion with several
hosting providers.  Come and hear from our hosting panel about why their
services are right for hosting your next Python project! Each group will
give a quick 5 minute spiel, to be followed by a casual drink before the
conference dinner.

This event is happening in a private area at Mr B's pub, across the street
from the SMC. As this is a licensed venue anyone under 18 will have to be
accompanied by a parent or guardian.

More Sponsors Announced
=======================

We are delighted to confirm that the Django Software Foundation and Ninefold
have joined as Silver sponsors.  In addition, Arclight have upgraded to Gold
Sponsorship, Anchor have agreed to sponsor video production, and GitHub will
be sponsoring internet access.

Thanks once again to the following companies for their continuing support of
Python and for helping to make PyCon Australia 2011 a reality:

    Gold:  Google                         <http://www.google.com.au/>
    Gold:  ComOps                         <http://www.comops.com.au/>
    Gold:  Arclight                       <http://www.arclight.com.au/>

    Video:  Anchor                        <http://anchor.com.au/>

    Silver:  Enthought                    <http://www.enthought.com/>
    Silver:  Python Software Foundation   <http://www.python.org/psf/>
    Silver:  WingWare                     <http://www.wingware.com/>
    Silver:  Bitbucket by Atlassian       <http://bitbucket.org/>
    Silver:  Microsoft                    <http://www.microsoft.com/>
    Silver:  Django Software Foundation   <http://www.djangoproject.com>
    Silver:  Ninefold                     <http://ninefold.com/>

    Internet:  GitHub                     <http://github.com/>

Thanks also to Linux Australia, who provide the overarching legal and
organisational structure for PyCon Australia.

    Ryan Kelly
    PyCon Australia 2011

--
Ryan Kelly