Re: [LC++]Memory checkers

On Sat, May 18, 2002 at 04:53:00PM -0400, Jack Lloyd wrote:
> Does anyone have suggestions on good memory-leak checkers to use on Linux?
> I'm trying to track down some fairly large leaks (it seems I alloc about
> 20% more than I free). It's C++ code, but it uses malloc/free for low-level
> allocation. Thanks,
>
> -Jack

libcwd-0.99.19 allows you to dump all allocations
(limited to specified libraries) with the location
(source file and line number) as well as time in
micro seconds at which the allocations were made.
You can change the time window that is being showed,
so if you filter away the first allocations that were
made during initialization, and the filter away the
last allocations that are too recent to be a leak,
then you might get a reasonable idea of what might
be the leak.

http://libcwd.sourceforge.net/

--
Carlo Wood <carlo@alinoe.com>