Re: [LCP]Checking for local filesystem (or: safe locking)

Jack Lloyd wrote:

| Problem:
|
| We need to do some kind of locking such that one server runs over a
| particular set of files (in this case, a source code repository). More than
| one server can run, just not over the same repository.
|
| Current Solution:
|
| Do a lock file. It works, but only on a local filesystem (since we depend
| on good timestamps and whatnot).
|
| New Problem:
|
| Need to make sure that the repository is on a local filesystem.
|
| Current Solution:
| [elided]

Surely the simple solution is to write a network lock server
(which would take a couple of hours) or grab one from somewhere
(which might take even less time).  Then you can forget about
special cases for different platforms and file systems.

Greg