[Linux-aus] Cheap VMs in Australia

Ian Brown ianbrown78 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 6 17:33:10 AEDT 2024

That sounds like you are running a f1.micro on the free tier to me.
These are great for small workloads such as a git repo. But anything more
CPU intensive and you will see the steal values in top go through the roof
as they are only allocated 1/4 of a single CPU core.
For context, my job is currently as a senior cloud engineer in GCP.