[Linux-aus] The passing of Daniel Harmsworth

siva sankar kssn_55 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jan 5 08:49:21 AEDT 2024

Its Real sad news   On Friday, 5 January 2024 at 02:00:05 GMT+11, Paul Fenwick via linux-aus <linux-aus at lists.linux.org.au> wrote:

 Hi everyone,
With great regret and sadness I wish to report that on the first of January 2024 in Auckland, Daniel Harmsworth passed away suddenly at the age of 36.
Some of you may remember Daniel as being involved in Maker Labs and Fab Labs across Australia, New Zealand, and the world. While not always taking the limelight himself, Daniel's enthusiasm was infectious, and he was untiring in supporting others to work on new and ambitious projects, to try new things even if they were silly or hard, and to form communities to share knowledge and friendship.

Daniel founded the Perth Artifactory maker space group in 2009, which continues to operate today.
Daniel's funeral will take place on Thursday 11th of January 2024 at the Cockburn Street Chapel in Wellington New Zealand. I've been told there will also be an online stream, and I will provide those details when I have them.

Please distribute this email as you feel is appropriate.

In sadness, and with fond memories,Paul

To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to
linux-aus-unsubscribe at lists.linux.org.au