[Linux-aus] contest proposal

Nathan Bailey web at polynate.net
Wed Jan 3 17:17:02 AEDT 2024

To make this more concrete/actionable:
1. I think there is a large enough corpus of people who think this is a
good idea to pursue it;
2. Clearly it will have more weight/value if it's officially endorsed by
LCA (which awaits a new council);
3. There's no reason we can't develop a full proposal now for council to
review/approve when ready.

At this stage, the following people have put up their hand in some way:

   - John Dalton
   - Hugh Blemings
   - Russell Coker
   - Jonathan Woithe (?)

I am also willing to contribute.

Jonathan (or others from council), if there's a preferred format for such
proposals, please let me know.

I have drafted a bare bones proposal and a process in this Google doc
<http://John Dalton Hugh Blemings Russell Coker Jonathan Woithe>.
(Viewing/commenting is open; if you want editing access, use the 'request'
process in the Google doc)
-N