[Linux-aus] Losing data. Was: Re: cancelling membership of Linux Australia; NLA losing bookmarks when they migrated to FOLIO

dvalin at internode.on.net dvalin at internode.on.net
Thu Feb 29 19:57:57 AEDT 2024

There is a view that if you can't repair a commercial product, then you don't own it. Even more so, if you don't have possession of your data's physical storage media, then you definitely don't own the data, I'd posit.

But in any case, when we fail to back up our data, that which exists in only one place will before long exist only in our imagination. That's basic entropy, I figure.

Erik