[Linux-aus] Flounder Feb 17th ML Hack day

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Tue Feb 13 14:07:08 AEDT 2024

https://flounder.linux.org.au/events/feb-2024-ml-hack/

February ML Hack Day.

A day of learning about Machine Learning by trying stuff out. We may have some
ML experts attending who may be able to give some sort of lecture but probably
it will be just people learning by doing.

I have a LicheePi4A which has an NPU built in and a server with a NVidia card
that I can give access to. But I encourage other people to try to have some
hardware suitable for their own use, a minimum would be a system with 16G of
DDR4 RAM (as a rough guide a system with DDR4 has adequate CPU performance)
and 16G of free storage space. Hardware for ML is a really good thing, ideally
a GPU with 8G of RAM or more but you can do some useful stuff with CPU if you
are patient.

Meeting will be at http://b.coker.com.au. No need to register just click on
the link on the day.

Meeting officially opens at 1pm Melbourne time (02:00UTC) on the 17th of Feb.