[Linux-aus] LCA2022 SwagBadge

Ewen McNeill linux-aus at ewen.mcneill.gen.nz
Fri Apr 19 14:34:05 AEST 2024

On 2024-04-15 18:48, Damon Permezel via linux-aus wrote:
> Still waiting for my LCA2022 SwagBadge.
> Are they ever going to be delivered?
>
> Who do I have to ask for a refund?

My understanding[0] is that most of the 2022 SwagBadges were handed at
in person at the "before Everything Open, separate" Hardware Miniconf in
Melbourne in 2023.  Which obviously only worked for people who actually
got to that pre-EO2023 in person event.

I believe that Linux Australia collected (and held) the money for the
SwagBadges in 2022, until the hardware was finished/delivered (which for
various reasons didn't happen until 2023).

So I'd suggest contacting the Linux Australia council directly to ask
about a refund (or to get them to chase up the LCA2022 Hardware Miniconf
people to post out the 2022 SwagBadges that didn't get handed out in
person a year ago).  My guess is that Linux Australia probably still has
your money held in trust.

Ewen

[0] as someone who tried to order one in 2022, and had the order
cancelled because I was "too remote and it wouldn't get to me in time" :-)