[Linux-aus] cancelling membership of Linux Australia; NLA losing bookmarks when they migrated to FOLIO

Laura Steynes laura.steynes72 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 6 21:46:08 AEDT 2024

Bit late to this conversation however I was enjoying my European vacation.

On Thu, Feb 29, 2024 at 10:29 PM Russell Coker via linux-aus <
linux-aus at lists.linux.org.au> wrote:

> You had a disagreement with one person who is involved with running Linux
> Australia.  It's probably the case that I havd had a more serious
> disagreement
> with the majority of members of the LA Council at one time or another.  It
> doesn't make me want to leave LA.  I will remain here to correct them the
> next
> time they are wrong!  ;)

Unless they mark your cards, put you in the naughty corner for few months
but leave you there indefinitely ignoring you hoping you'll eventually go
away like it is alleged members of council did to that guy last year, I
remember reading the blog at bit.ly/4aGmr56 and LA's list archives at
Christmas.

Regarding LA membership.  When a company charges monthly fees and is unable
> process unsubscribe requests before a billing period that's a big
> problem.

If you resign from a real association, it must be in writing, I'd agree
expecting someone to email council to leave is fair and reasonable, as it
is for council to action that request within a reasonable amount of time.