[Linux-aus] How could we get society to adequately fund free software developers

Nathan Bailey web at polynate.net
Thu Apr 4 11:25:06 AEDT 2024

In both examples (xz-utils and the event-stream example Brian points to
below), there was a divergence between the tarball and github.

Perhaps a github-based function should be developed to verify that the
primary publishing destination of the packages tarball is a true
representation of the github repository?
(providing some kind of green tick on GitHub that the referenced tarball
(presumably on another site) is legitimate)
-N