[Linux-aus] Any Grafana / Influxdb gurus out there?

Andrew Sands andrew at sands.gen.nz
Fri Oct 6 09:46:19 AEDT 2023

Hi all listdwellers,

I have a cobbled togehter IoT monitoring system and am gathering data in an InfluxDB database and have a number of rudimentary Grafana based graphs working.

However, in Grafana I'm graphing the energy measurements from InfluxDB that are supplied from three current clamps. What I've been trying to get sorted out in my head is how I graph a calculated datapoint on my graph. One on the energy readings is for the main circuit and the other two monitor sub-circuits.

What I'd like to graph is a data point that subtracts the combined sub-circuit values from the main circuit value?

I've tried the 'googling' thing but get confused by the transformation thing suggested.

Looking for pointers, thoughts and suggestions.

Anyway, thanks for reading and have an awesome day. :-)

Andrew