[Linux-aus] printer advice

David Lloyd lloy0076 at adam.com.au
Tue May 30 21:44:40 AEST 2023

I'd have to agree:

  * Try to find one which cannot be bricked remotely by the company
    (because you're not using their over priced ink, for example);
  * And one which won't brick the scanner IF the printer has no
    ink/isn't working

Unfortunately, the printer manufacturers seem to be finding ways - which
I think have become legally concerning enough that the EU is starting to
stare at them, so to speak - to make you pay for their own ink which
either proves their completely incapable of negotiating good deals from
suppliers (and thus pay a high price themselves) or just price the ink
at rates that would be excessive in an otherwise free price market.