[Linux-aus] Grant Application for PinePhones

Jonathan Woithe jwoithe at just42.net
Sat Mar 25 16:53:28 AEDT 2023

Hi Russell

On Sat, Mar 25, 2023 at 04:33:18PM +1100, Russell Coker via linux-aus wrote:
> https://linux.org.au/grants-program/
>
> The Grants web page doesn't provide any information on how to apply.

That's because the 2023 LA Grants program has not opened yet.  When it does
the Grants page accessible after logging in will include the information
about how to apply.  To summarise the process:

 1. The grant application is formally made by filling out a form.

 2. There's a two-week commmunity consultation period during with LA members
    are invited to provide feedback about the application.  This occurs on
    the LA grants list.

 3. The LA Council evaluates the grant application in light of the community
    feedback and decides whether to approve or reject the grant.

> So I'll just put it in a message here which I'm sure can at least count as
> a public first draft of the application.

Discussing grant applications with others is a good idea as it means you'll
be in a position to put forward a well formed application when the time
comes.

To assist you in preparing your grant application I have attached a copy of
the grants guidelines document.  This is also be available from the grants
page when the program is open.

If you have any other questions about writing a grant application please get
in touch with myself or any of the other LA Council members.

Regards
  jonathan