[Linux-aus] LCA Lecture about sandboxing desktop apps

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Tue Jun 20 15:15:37 AEST 2023

On Tuesday, 20 June 2023 00:25:17 AEST Andrew Reimers via linux-aus wrote:
> We did a couple of LCA talks on what it is and why people should use it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3chZTdBgRSE

I haven't finished watching this but I've already got enough value to make it
worth mentioning.  It shows Qubes asking the user for permissions for data
transfer between VMs and for access to specific types of hardware.  The
hardware access part is something we need in phones right now.

I don't know whether it's worth trying to copy some of this code to other
situations such as a container based sandbox situation on a resource
constrained phone, but the concepts are definitely worth copying.  This video
has given me ideas for things I hadn't previously considered.