[Linux-aus] Ceph FS vs Gluster FS

Steven Ellis steven.ellis at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 10:46:32 AEST 2023

The bigger question is how much storage do you need and do you need a
distributed scale out storage environment like Ceph or Gluster. Both of
these typically require 3+ physical servers in order to operate correctly.

If you're going to use Ceph with Containers look at Rook as a wrapper.
VMs - it depends on your hypervisor tooling and any live migration
requirements.
File wise CephFS is pretty stable these days and has better consistency
than using NFS/CIFs.

Steven