[Linux-aus] Ceph FS vs Gluster FS

Neill Cox neill at ingenious.com.au
Tue Jun 6 09:53:04 AEST 2023

My personal experience is that Ceph is much more reliable than Gluster.

My experience with Ceph is with using it as a storage backend for
OpenStack, so not so much with CephFS as such.  My advice would be to use
rbd rather than CephFS if you can.

I think at this point Ceph is much more widely used and far better
supported.

Cheers,
Neill

On Tue, 6 Jun 2023 at 04:56, Anestis Kozakis via linux-aus <
linux-aus at lists.linux.org.au> wrote:

> I was wondering fi people could summarize  me the difference as well s the
> pros and cons fo GlusterFS vs CephFS inr regards to the following uses:
>
> File Server/System and creating Virtual Machines and Containers.
>
> I will, of course, do my own research, but I am looking to get other
> people's experiences and opinions.
>
> Anestis.
> --
> Anestis Kozakis | kenosti at gmail.com