[Linux-aus] Linux Phone Progress: LoRa, BSD, IME

yifei at zhan.science yifei at zhan.science
Mon Jul 10 15:22:47 AEST 2023

I've been daily driving my PinePhone since it arrived and wrote a series of blog
posts documenting my journey, those including:

Setup and first impression:
https://segments.zhan.science/posts/mobian_pinephone_pro/

Daily driving:
https://segments.zhan.science/posts/one_week_with_mobian/

Running BSD virtual machines with KVM on PinePhone:
https://segments.zhan.science/posts/kvm_on_pinehone_pro/

Another post on running OpenBSD bare metal will appear soon once I collected
enough data, but for now multiprocessor kernel is already working.

IME related work is currently paused because the keyboard I had fried itself
(apparently the unit I got is defective and a replacement will be shipped to me),
I will focus on other things and continue on this front once the replacement
arrive.

I also got the PineDio USB LoRa adapter working for transmitting and receiving
short messages and have given a demo doing it on Flounder's July meeting:

https://flounder.linux.org.au/2023/07/02/july-2023-meeting/

More work on driver and the userland program will be done to make LoRa more
usable as a communication tool, and there will be more blog posts about that as
it happens.