[Linux-aus] Help me understand Android development costs

lachlan00123456asdf at lachlandewaard.org lachlan00123456asdf at lachlandewaard.org
Wed Jul 19 17:22:41 AEST 2023

Hi all,

I would like to fund partial or full development of a simple Android app for Ampache (https://ampache.org/) using that json/xml api (https://ampache.org/api/)

I was hoping I could point me somewhere to get more info about how much this type of stuff costs and requirements companies have when taking on dev work.

I want to keep it simple focused on music playback from playlists with caching.

This code would be required to be licensed under a free software licence in the Ampache github repository but would not care if the person who built it charged on the play store/used it for commercial development.

I'm just at that point where I'm either going to have to learn how to do it myself or pay for it. (If I can afford that option)