[Linux-aus] LA Certification

David Lay netadminstrator at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 4 13:15:10 AEST 2023

I do believe that IT certs should be free to take, and pay memberships when passed or desired to join said community. As Hugh stated certs are more know how over practical experiments. While these home labs or experiments etc does not reflect CPD.

Look at any roles, we all learn on the job, do we flash our certs and say we know this? Sure, but all environments are different, course materials and exams are standard, we cant learn much from it, while if we agree to put our heads together on a project that uses all our skills/resources we gain more than those course materials.

Thanks