[Linux-aus] Tickets for Everything Open not available?

Les Kitchen ljk+la at ljk.id.au
Mon Feb 20 07:48:02 AEDT 2023

If I might add to this thread:

> On Fri, 17 Feb 2023 at 11:48, Andrew Pam via linux-aus <linux-aus at lists.linux.org.au> wrote:
>> Has anyone been able to purchase tickets for the Everything Open
>> conference?  After creating an account, the Dashboard page just asks me
>> to fill out my speaker profile and doesn't offer a way to buy tickets.
>> Have I been drafted as a speaker?

I had the same experience.  I just re-logged in from a different
machine, and then it all worked smoothly.  I suspected it might
have been a cookies problem, but didn't want the hassle of
clearing cookies on the machine I registered on — hence login on
a fresh machine.

On Fri, Feb 17, 2023, at 12:00, Paul Foxworthy via linux-aus wrote:
> I had a profile from previous linux.conf.au events, and purchasing a ticket to EO worked fine for me.

I should've realised this.  When I tried to register, it said
the username I chose was already taken, so I picked a different
one.  I didn't realise that the already taken username was the
ghost of my previous linux.conf.au registration.  Now there's
another ghost.  I bit like pacman, I guess.... :-)

It might've been a good idea to point out that for Everything
Open you can use the same credentials as for previous
linuxconfAUs.  I probably should've realised this, but not in my
rush to beat the early-bird deadline.  Anyway, it all worked out
well.

— Smiles, Les.