[Linux-aus] 4K monitor sizes

Peter Nunn pnunn at intq.it
Wed Jun 1 11:09:09 AEST 2022

I'm using an XPS-15 with a 4K OLED on a dock with a Dell S3221QS curved
4K and the experiences is pretty good once I worked out the magic
xrandr incantation to scale them correctly (this was a 32" flat Dell 4K
but that was stolen by my daughter).

I've done the same thing with an XPS-13 using wayland which also works
well, but not enough stuff runs properly with wayland yet to use it for
my daily drive.

Wayland is MUCH easier to set up, and I think does the scaling better
(seems to be a it crisper) though so I often switch back and froward on
the 15 as well.

Getting two hdi monitors working at different scale on linux is still
an interesting exercise that's for sure.

Peter.