[Linux-aus] FLOSS-and-Linux-friendly weather stations?

Hugh Blemings hugh at blemings.org
Fri Dec 16 19:18:24 AEDT 2022

Hi Paul, All,

I have been dabbling in the WX stuff for quite some time now. My preferred option these days is stuff from Ecowitt.

They have a small receiver which talks their over air protocol on one side and connects to WiFi on the other. It has a simple Web interface inbuilt as well as an api you can talk to from FOSS software such as Home Assistant etc.

I use the 915MHz versions to avoid potential interference with ham radio stuff that might occur with the 433MHz options such as  Acurite.

It's reasonably priced for the quality of the hardware IMHO, they sell direct and have been responsive the odd occasion where I've had a question.

Hope that helps,

Cheers
Hugh