[Linux-aus] Resignation from Council

Mary Gardiner mary at puzzling.org
Thu Jul 14 20:39:01 EST 2011

Hi all,

On 8th July I told Linux Australia Council that I was resigning my position as
ordinary member, effective 29th July.

I'm sorry I'm not able to complete my term as an ordinary committee member. I
nominated for LA Council believing, at the time, that it would be my single
major contribution to the FLOSS community in 2011, and a nice way to ease back
in contributing to the community after being pretty out of touch in 2010 after
my son was born.

Then the Ada Initiative happened. Whoops. I'm still working for the Ada
Initiative as a volunteer around my other commitments and it combined with my
study, work and family commitments leave me unable to make time for Linux
Australia Council for the remainder of the year.

Thanks to John, Alice, Pete, Josh, Mike and Kelly: you've been a pleasure to
work with and good luck with the rest of the year. I'm glad I've been able to
help out this year.

And thanks Linux Australia, for choosing me to work as a Council member in
2011.

-Mary