[Linux-aus] Proposal: yearly reminder/expiration of free membership
kathy at kathyreid.id.au
Fri Apr 29 00:10:00 EST 2011
I'm in favour of Option (3), being;
(3) email people yearly reminding them of their membership and make them
re-confirm to remain a member after the opening of the next AGM (this may
require a Constitutional change to Section 4, Cessation of membership)
for the following reasons;
1. Should the terms and conditions associated with membership change,
then I should be be given the ability to continue or discontinue my
membership. For instance, I may disagree with a change in philosophy of
the organisation and terminate membership on principle. Changes to
membership conditions would theoretically be voted upon in an AGM.
2. People who are no longer interested are removed from membership. This
will likely lead to a smaller, but more interested community.
3. It makes it clearer to people that they have a professional
membership - important as Mary said for those for whom this is an
important factor in their professional lives.
4. Annual reminder of membership is also a way to promote Linux Aus's
achievements over the year, reinforcing the work and outcomes that the
Council and others undertake. This can help highlight the (intangible)
value of membership of both the organisation and the community.
5. The annual email could coincide with a member survey to gauge
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the linux-aus