[Linux-aus] Secret MS Business Visits.....
brent.wallis at gmail.com
Sat May 26 04:06:49 UTC 2007
(Some may wish to tag this as "zelatrous paranoia" ...;-)
Want to flag a theory I have harboured for the last three federal elections.
Perhaps you could help me clarify some data..help me prove or disprove
1. The last 2 federal elections have been preceeded by a "secret" and
or "short notice" visit from the top guys in Microsoft...the last 2,
it was BG.
2. Each of these 2 visits have seemed to be approximately 3 months out
from a federal election.
3. Each visit has been focussed on Canberra...but the press is
generally coy on detail.
4. After a "suitable" time period after the visit , the MS guys make a
press release that indicates some sort of negotiated deal with the
federal government that is philanthropic in it's intent.........last
election it was $40m odd AUD for Office software in schools...cant't
remember that eact nature of the previous one.
5. The new top gent at MS has just executed a visit not unlike the
other 2.....the timing follows a similar pattern...i.e: 3 mths approx
prior to a federal election.
6. BG's topic "du jour" during his last visit was to lament the poor
state of broadband in Australia....The latest visit had the same
Here is what I expect will happen within 8 weeks:
The IT (and possibly main stream ) press will run a story with intent
to communicate the following broad concepts:
- MS and the Australian Federal Government are good "friends"
- MS and the Australian Federal Government agree in some way that the
FTA and IP rights are a great thing but will directly avoid any hint
of "patent trollism".....
- MS love Australia (and possibly JH.....)so much, that they have
decided to give $XXX away in perceived profit in order to bolster
cause "XYZ" and/or for the sake of close and valuable
More information about the linux-aus