[Linux-aus] [Osia-discuss] Re: Standards Australia OOXML technical committee meeting
lucychili at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 06:51:48 UTC 2007
On Dec 12, 2007 4:34 PM, Jeff Waugh <jeff at waughpartners.com.au> wrote:
> (There's more to say about this, but I don't want to disrespect the process
> or its participants -- or raise concerns about OSIA's participation -- by
> speaking publically before it's appropriate. Sorry, not my preference, but
> that's where we're at.)
Highlights of the process for me:
- meeting time advertised one day before meeting - flights were very expensive.
- required format posted after the due date. It was extended. I resubmitted.
- difficult to address Commonwealth criteria in the process.
- no information on the site about the ongoing processes, their
criteria and how to participate
- links to material which do not work in my browser
- difficult to find information about the commitment required.
- comments not included
- no access to comments included
People have been helpful and my not participating is at least as much
due to my not understanding the process or understanding whether I can
be useful with my level of technical skill given that I should support
the processing of a family of standards not just one which in itself
is 7? reams of paper and is not self contained.
I feel that standards are important and respect the role that they
play in our communities,
but I do have concerns about this process, not just locally but internationally.
I hope it is possible to make standards processes more open and more
closely supportive of the craft of making good standards.
More information about the linux-aus