Re: [Linux-aus] Firefox vs IceWeasel

Marco Ostini wrote:
In my opinion it's important to maintain the recognition that Firefox currently enjoys among "ordinary users" who are in the process of developing trust in FOSS while being faithful to the values of truly free and well coded software.

What are your thoughts?

Cheers,
Marco

I was just wondering if there was consensus withing Linux.Aus that the Firefox/Iceweasle(omg) situation is in fact a debacle that jeopardises FOSS from taking its rightful place as a global standard.

This type of disparity does not imbue confidence in potential converts.

If there is consensus then I would strongly desire Linux.Aus to formally voice our opinion on this matter (Quite sternly, with hand waves).

Here's hoping common sense prevails.

Gareth