Re: [Linux-aus] Linux Australia Website

On 11/16/06, Avi Miller <avi.miller@squiz.net> wrote:

On 16/11/2006, at 12:50 PM, James Purser wrote:

> I'm looking for people who have skills in web development and graphic
> design. Anyone is welcome to contribute.

While I admit I have a personal agenda, your email suggests that what

Squiz.net? MySource? (see comment below)

you really need to do first is select an appropriate content
management system (perhaps via some official tender process). Once

It *should*^W*must* be an open source (as in OSI approved, DFSG free, Four Freedoms free) one. Does make official tender that much more irrelevant.

If we go for an existing package I would suggest Drupal as James is
suggesting, however if we end up writing something from scratch then
something using Django or a similar Python-based system would be
better IMHO, much cleaner and more maintainable than any PHP system.

BTW is there any more specific mailing list for interested people to
subscribe to? I would like to help out if possible (I have some HTML,
CSS, PHP and Python skills.)

--
Andrew Donnellan
-- Email - ajdlinuxATgmailDOTcom (primary)