[Linux-aus] Linux Australia Website
stewart at linux.org.au
Mon Nov 20 08:50:03 UTC 2006
On Fri, 2006-11-17 at 00:59 +1100, James Purser wrote:
> Okay to add some further detail to what I am envisioning.
Here's my thoughts on some of the technical requirements:
- produce XHTML and CSS compliant code
- produce pretty URLs - see the URLs on the current site
- be backwards compatible with existing URLs
- produce accessible XHTML (easily usable by screen readers, text based
browsers, on mobile devices)
- produce MSIE compatible layout (people looking to convert from the
dark side need to be able to read the content).
- be able to handle the /. effect
- pluggable user authentication (so we can link it to MemberDB)
Things I'd like (but don't hold much hope for):
- Preview on larger than single page changes (think transactions, but
for web site)
- offline editing ability
but i think your list looks good - it'd be great to have the news page
generated by a process that wasn't so... err... archaic.
Stewart Smith (stewart at linux.org.au)
Committee Member, Linux Australia
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
Url : http://lists.linux.org.au/pipermail/linux-aus/attachments/20061120/48731c31/attachment-0001.pgp
More information about the linux-aus