Re: [Linux-aus] Pressing/Printing CD's in bulk?

It did printing and burning using custom hardware. It had a robot connected
that moved CDs from the burner to the printer to a spindle. It isn't a CD
press but it would certainly be useful to LA and the community and is
automated enough that doing 1000's of CDs wouldn't be ridiculous.

I'm currently waiting to hear back from Del about his willingness to do
this. It is a good deal for LA, however we need to be realistic in ensuring
whoever does this does a good job. It was encouraging to have an Aussie
company willing to give hardware to the community in order to get it working
on Linux, and we need to ensure we have a way to accomodate such offers when
they make sense.

Yes fine by me. I can't guarantee anything at this stage until I have some idea of what the hardware is and what its interface is (EIDE, SCSI, proprietary etc) but I'm prepared to have a bash at it.

Sorry about not getting back sooner, I've been on a course all of this week.

--
Del