Re: [Linux-aus] Grant Request From Sokar Phillpot

Jonathan Oxer wrote:
Hi Sokar,

Hi all.

Project Name: BLACK STUMP FOSS
$2000 to purchase 20 laptops from ITShare SA Inc -=20
http://itshare.org.au/

This looks like a very cool project, but I just have a couple of questions.

* The requested amount equates to $100 per laptop, but ITShare list a
price of $330 per laptop on their site.  Is the amount correct? Are
ITShare providing discounted hardware to help support the project?

I haven't heard of the project, but I might be out of the loop if its a recent thing. I'm ccing to the ITShare committee list to see what responses I can get.

Karl

* Could you please tell us a little more about the group that intends to run this project and what other resources you have? Do you have a team of volunteers from Bundaberg LUG all lined up and venues available?

Cheers   :-)

Jonathan