Re: [Linux-aus] An abridged history of #linuxaus and Linux Australia IRC

On Wed, 28 Jun 2006, Robert Stoffers wrote:

things up.  Netsplits happen about as often as any other large network, as do
crashes, which in my experience as a Freenode staff member doesn't happen all

Actually, many larger networks are far more stable then some smaller ones, oz.org and austnet have more netsplits in one day, than I see on undernet in about 2 or 3 months. I have recently ceased use of oz.org and pretty much had it with kiddienet (austnet) as well.

We've been that way ever since. Since the change to OFTC, the IRCD has
pretty much been maintenance free, and certainly places no admin load on
the Linux Australia admin team.

As someone else rightfully pointed out, whats maintenance free today, might not be in a mater of minutes time, and vice versa.

I have used oftc where i think #humbug is on, and it is far from netsplit free.

It comes down to basically "better the devil you know than the one you don't"

--
Cheers
Res