Re: [Linux-aus] Open Source Desktop publishing software

On 6/9/06, Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@lemis.com> wrote:
> It's call Gcompris, an anglification of the french 'je compris', 'I
> understand' or 'I see....'

http://compris.net is connected with http://gnu.org - G may be for GNU as well.

Heh. In French, the letters G and J are prnnounced like in English, only the other way round: "G" in French is pronounced the same as "J" in English and vice versa. This is obviously intended to be pronounced "j'ai compris", "I have understood". "I understand" is "je comprends".

Based on my very limited French knowledge this would be right.

andrew

--
Andrew Donnellan
http://andrewdonnellan.com