Fwd: [Linux-aus] anyone for an open-source-beyond-the-black-stump miniconf?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Janet Hawtin <lucychili@gmail.com>
Date: Jul 6, 2006 12:43 AM
Subject: Re: [Linux-aus] anyone for an
open-source-beyond-the-black-stump miniconf?
To: Robyn M <rob_39@bigpond.com>

On 7/5/06, Robyn M <rob_39@bigpond.com> wrote:
On Wed, 2006-07-05 at 22:19 +1000, Aguido Horatio Davis wrote:
> Something I'd quite like to see at LCA2007 is a gathering of all the
> people involved in rolling out open source software in remote and rural
> Australia, especially those using it to build capacities in communities
> that otherwise wouldn't have them. It would be for the usual purposes:
> exchange ideas, gain awareness of all the other people (and resources!),
> trade war stories, organise future work.
>
> I'm trying to figure out whether this would fit in a BOF, a one-day
> miniconf, or (theoretically) a two-day miniconf.

> Anyone interested in attending or presenting at such a thing?

I've done some work in Marree, South Australia with a few other folk.
Where we installed a server and did some desktop training. Hopefully
there will be more of this in the future.

Robyn

Yes. Karl Goetz also went with us, Noven has built networks in Copley as well as maintaining the Marree one. Sokar is doing similar work in Queensland?, Pia did a trip too I think. It could be a good mini conference.