Re: [Linux-aus] Utter tripe in CIO magazine

On 07/04/2006, at 9:19 AM, ashley maher wrote:

On Thu, 2006-04-06 at 21:44 +1000, Nathan Bailey wrote:
Jonathan,
	I think it would be good if you, as president of Linux Australia,
responded to this article in CIO -- influential decisions makers read
this magazine and might be affected by the poor arguments put forward
here:

Albatrosses Yes, Penguins No
Peter Hind, CIO
http://www.cio.com.au/index.php/id;1404610049

Nathan,

Actually I agree with a carefully worded response, however, the
arguments put forward are hardly poor.

Hi Ashley,

I agree with Nathan about poor arguments based on the same method of group Linux and open source software in the one basket. The comments are based around Linux on the desktop, but there are already many open source products being actively used on the desktops, and this is what will bring about the change from Microsoft domination in the desktop market.

Regards
Jonathon