[Linux-aus] Linux Australia Donations Scheme!

Hi all!

As mentioned in the summary of the weekend meeting we had in February, we've been wanting to help projects accept donations from users. The first phase of that's now up, and we're accepting donations for Debian and Samba. Have a look at

	http://www.linux.org.au/projects/donations/

We're trying to be pretty careful about how we do this, so we don't make too much work for ourselves, don't break the law, and don't tread on people's toes; so any comments would be appreciated!

Samba and Debian have talked with Linux Australia a few times in the past about using our facilities for accepting donations, so they were the obvious first step. If there are other projects who've got an immediate use for or interest in this please feel free to contact the committee -- at the moment we want to keep the number of projects pretty small, but we're not at all averse to adding a few more projects already.

We'd really like to get some experience with collecting money, and getting it spent on useful things for projects -- so if you've recently been thinking how wonderful Debian or Samba are and wondering how you could contribute, please do feel encouraged to send in some money. :)

Anyway, hope that makes sense, and if you've got any questions or comments, please don't hesitate to post :)

Cheers,
aj

--
Anthony Towns <secretary@linux.org.au>