Re: [LACTTE] Re: [Linux-aus] About a User Conference (was...)

Jeff Waugh wrote:
<quote who="Michael Still">

AUUG is an organisation for UNIX professionals. Does a newbie
user/hacker conference align usefully with AUUG's market?

Yes, well, as much as LA does for a newbie *BSD user. You need to remember that they have run installfests et al in the past... Why the hostility to them now?

Hostility? Yikes dude, I'm wondering why you'd bother handling both when LA seems to fit the bill already.

Sorry, I must have misinterpreted your tone...

Anyways, I see it as having more than one feeder group making a great event. If we can make it work with both of them, then it just makes for a better event...

AUUG has also been listed as more of a VC partner to spread the risk than a first class organizational entity as well.

Mikal

--

Michael Still (mikal@stillhq.com) | "The geek shall inherit
http://www.stillhq.com            |  the earth"

Linux.conf.au 2005 -- Quite like an excellent Linux and Open Source
conference. http://lca2005.linux.org.au