Re: [Linux-aus] Can Linux Australia survive in the Territory?

Hi,
sorry for the late response - busy week.

Darwin has the facilities to do it - we have large conferences in town
regularly. The possibility would even probably exist to have it hosted
at the university where I work. They like publicity ;-)

The issue is the number of "willing bodies" to do the conference
organising etc. At the moment it would be impossible for DarLUG to
supply the manpower. I really liked the proposal to put up on the
website the experiences of former committees and what worked / didn't
work and how much was involved. It would be a very useful tool for
groups considering putting forward an LCA hosting proposal. It gives you
a rough project scope to work with and would help enormously with
focusing volunteers & potential supporters on the task.

It is also something that people affiliated with large organisations
(like universities) could take to the organisations marketing /
management arms as part of a business case for that organisations
support.

As to Alice - better ask AsLUG ;-)
If we get more organised we might be able to pool resources with them -
who knows ...

Regards Anthony.

--
Mr Anthony Hornby RHCE BIT ALIATEC
Library Systems & Technology Coordinator