Re: [Linux-aus] RELEASE: DON'T LET YOUR VENDOR'S ROADMAP LEAD YOU UP THE GARDEN PATH

Stewart Smith wrote:
On Sat, 2004-05-15 at 14:36, Ryan Verner wrote:

I think the difference is - we admit that we might not make them :)

Depends. Look at sourceforge; plenty of vaporware.

and anyone is free to resume these projects, or use them as a base for others - unlike proprietary vaporware, where there is just vapor.

There is also a difference between starting something and never finishing it, and marketting the s**t out of a product which simply doesn't exist. I don't think you can call having a project registered on SF as being marketting -- there's not nearly enough t-shirts.

Mikal

--

Michael Still (mikal@stillhq.com) | "All my life I've had one dream,
http://www.stillhq.com            |  to achieve my many goals"