Re: [Linux-aus] Hardware resellers of the world, rejoice!

I reckon that must be a load of ...... .

There is no way that anyone is going to adopt Longhorn if you have to have a system with specs such as that. I'm assuming from the graphics card comment that they are talking about end users on desktop machines there running Longhorn and not just servers (considering all servers need is a graphics card that (barely) works).

A lot of businesses work on a 3-4 year cycle of computers (some longer), so considering the release is supposed to be around 2006-2007(?), businesses currently buying computers now for their next cycle certainly aren't going to be able to touch it if you need specs like that.

I seriously don't think even Microsoft are that insane.

/ Ben

Leon Brooks wrote:

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/article2/0,1995,1581842,00.asp

   Microsoft is expected to recommend that the "average" Longhorn PC
   feature a dual-core CPU running at 4 to 6GHz; a minimum of 2 gigs
   of RAM; up to a terabyte of storage; a 1 Gbit, built-in,
   Ethernet-wired port and an 802.11g wireless link; and a graphics
   processor that runs three times faster than those on the market
   today.

All of those arguments about whether Linux uses more or less RAM than MS Windows just became moot, methinks.

Cheers; Leon