[Linux-aus] LCA2006

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Fri Jan 23 15:17:01 UTC 2004

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004, Conrad Parker wrote:

> A heap of crap

If the objective of Linux Australia, is to discourage WA involvement in
conferences and in Linux Australia, then I guess that holding a
conference in NZ, is the way to go.

I know of at least one professional attendee at this year's conference,
who would be highly unlikely to attend a Linux conference in NZ.

It is difficult enough, to get an employer to sponsor attendance at a
Linux conference, and, getting an employer to sponsor attendance at a
Linux conference in NZ, for an employee in WA, would be completely out
of the question.

But then, I suppose, this goes back to the question of what Linux
Australia is about, and, whether it is really for the whole of
Australia.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale