Federal registration and NSW/WA law was: [Linux-aus] Re: [LACTTE] Constitution Version 6 - Last one!

Anand Kumria akumria at linux.org.au
Thu Jan 8 01:18:02 UTC 2004

On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 06:01:21PM +0800, Bret Busby wrote:

> Federal registration would be simpler, and, easier to manage, if it is
> implemented properly. it is that simple.

Well you seem to know a lot about Federal registration. Why don't you
assist LA by looking into it, pointing out what they need to do and
CC'ing linux-aus so we all know when they were informed. We'll be able
to tell by their public minutes when they took any action on your
suggestions.

> What would happen, if the president, secretary and treasurer, were all
> outside NSW, for example, in WA and SA, and some issue arose, about the
> rules?

They would consult LA's lawyer. Our lawyer, as it happens, is Jeremy
Malcolm who is based in WA. He doesn't seem to believe he is incapable
of understanding NSW law but perhaps you know more about his knowledge
of these things than he does.

Anand

--
 `` We are shaped by our thoughts, we become what we think.
 When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never