[Linux-aus] Nomination: Mark Tearle

Leon Brooks leon at cyberknights.com.au
Mon Jan 5 13:26:02 UTC 2004

Bugger. The dearth of Reply-To strikes again.

On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 15:41, Pia Smith wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-01-04 at 17:23, Mark Tearle wrote:
>> I'd like to nominate for the position of Treasurer.

> Second. And that is all I'll second :)

Thirded. Mark would make an *excellent* Treasurer, he did very well for
LCA2003. Also, if Mark is elected, I feel less pressure to remain as
the sole WA OCM. (-:

I'd also like to second Jeff Waugh and Pia Smith's raised hands, if they
need it, and self-nominate as an OCM. It's been an interesting year,
and I've taken steps to free up more time for it (and my other offices)
this year.

I'd like to see Jeff elected to Committee in particular because he's got
a lot of energy and because we disagree on stuff. Variety is the spice
of life. (-:

I'd like to see Pia elected again because her PoV is somewhat alien to
most of the of the Committee and very valuable for that. She also
gladly takes correction and implements it, a priceless attribute to
have in a fearless leader.

I would also have nominated Anthony Breeds-Taurima, current President of
Perth Linux User Group, but I happen to know that he'll be very busy
this year.

Would any other of the current Committee like nomination or seconding?
Replies off-list are fine.

Out of the blue, I'd also like to float the idea (no obligation) of
seconding a few of the runners-up into Committee after election so we
have enough people readily available to assign enough tasks to to leave
more energy for productivity after dealing with the reasonably constant
level of administrivia. It would also leave room for equity issues for
portfolio-style voting, that is, you could vote for somebody who will
support your special interest without necessarily risking the loss of a
high-quality stabiliser like Tridge. How do you feel about that?
Comments?

Cheers; Leon

http://plug.linux.org.au/       Committee Member, Perth Linux User Group
http://slpwa.asn.au/            Committee Member, Linux Professionals WA