Re: [Linux-aus] Finances... Aust Accounting Package

On 5 Feb 2003, Rick Marshall wrote:

> Date: 05 Feb 2003 11:55:41 +1100
> From: Rick Marshall <rjm@zenucom.com>
> To: Ron Skeoch <rbs@muli.com.au>
> Cc: Bret Busby <bret@busby.net>,
>      Linux Australia List <linux-aus@lists.linux.org.au>
> Subject: Re: [Linux-aus] Finances... Aust Accounting Package
>
> nice to see you're still there Ron
>
> Zenucom (formerly International Software Laboratories, formerly RJM
> Systems) has had it's full range of Australian developed products
> including accounting available under Linux since .... more or less since
> Linux was available.
>
> our specialties are fashion retail and staff hire
>
> Rick Marshall
>
> On Wed, 2003-02-05 at 09:50, Ron Skeoch wrote:
> > Bret Busby wrote:
> >
> > >On Tue, 4 Feb 2003, Anand Kumria wrote:
> > >

> > >cut
> > >
> > >Does LA have any intended Linux-based accounting software, that can
> > >handle GST?
> > >
> > >I am not aware of any, as yet (not that that means it doesn't exist,
> > >just that I am not are of it).
> > >

> > I could not let this pass
> > Muli are Developing installing and supporting a
> > Australian developed linux based Accounting package
> >
> > 1996 first linux install
> > 1999  ALL servers Linux
> > Ps Package targeted at Project based businesses.

Thank you both for your responses.

This is the kind of communication, that promotes Linux and developers of
Linux applications. Especially being told what is available to run on
Linux.

>From what I have been told, the Muli one appears to not include
inventory, and the Zenucom one appears to not include a generic
application (full-on accounting, with inventory, etc, that can be used
by different kinds of entities, with generic usage), or a downloadable
evaluation copy.

Are your businesses working on these?

Also, are they open source?

And, are these the only Australian accounting systems for Linux, so
including Australian GST facilities?

--
Bret Busby
Armadale