[lca-announce] Everyone can participate, Early bird closing soon

News

linux.conf.au 2005 is fast approaching. 11 weeks to go until the conference
starts. Already over one quarter of the 500 delegates have registered and
paid to attend the conference.

There is a draft program online in iCal format, see the news page
http://lca2005.linux.org.au/news.php for details.

The speakers presenting at linux.conf.au are listed on
http://lca2005.linux.org.au/speakers.php for all the non invited speakers
the paper they are presenting is also listed.

Remember

Early bird registration ends on January 31st (4 days), if you have
registered and have not paid by that date you will be re invoiced the full
cost of attending the conference.

Have you been wondering, How can I participate?

For all delegates (including speakers) we have added some sessions that we
hope will encourage more conference participation and sharing of ideas.

Birds of a Feather or FIXIT sessions

Small group discussions or hacking time on any topic or code.
http://www.hyperdictionary.com/computing/birds+of+a+feather

If you wish to run a BoF session, on any topic, please email
organisers@lca2005.linux.org.au with your request. Currently we have time
allocated on Wednesday evening/night for these sessions. There are other
times we are likely able to put half hour BoF's elsewhere in the program.

Poster Displays

Prepare a poster on an open source: project, idea or technology on which you
are working and put it on display for the week at linux.conf.au 2005.

http://www.siam.org/siamnews/general/poster.htm
http://writing.colostate.edu/references/speaking/poster/pop2a.cfm

We have wall space and partitions you will be able to display a poster for
all the delegates to see and talk about. If you do this I suggest staying
near the poster during lunch or tea breaks occasionally so delegates can
speak to you about the hopefully fascinating work you are drumming up
interest in.

Lightning track or Work in Progress talks.

If you want to present a quick, 5 minute talk (with questions and answer
time) on some cool technology in front of a captive audience of hard core
Linux hackers linux.conf.au could be the place to do it. Currently planned
for Saturday 23rd, a block of time in one of the theatres during which
quick, to the point talks can be presented to the delegates at the
conference.

If you want to participate in any of the above sessions or displays please
email organisers@lca2005.linux.org.au to express your interest. We may be
able to fit you in during the conference but unless you contact us earlier
we can not guarantee participation.

Register now for linux.conf.au 2005 at http://lca2005.linux.org.au/register

--
Steven Hanley sjh@svana.org http://svana.org/sjh http://svana.org/sjh/diary
linux.conf.au 2005 - Canberra - April 18-23 2005