[Cbsupport] Re: hiedi

Kylie Davies wrote:

Hi Avery,

You could also try Xchat... You will find this in the INternet->Debian->Xchat

Once you have Xchat running - you will need to add a server...so Click on the Xchat drop down menu (first menu on the top left) Choose Server List - a new dialogue appears...from here - choose NEW SERVER...

In the New Server dialogue box - you will need to fill in the details....

Name: IRC Freenode
Server: irc.freenode.net (this is the IMPORTANT bit as it gives the internet address for the server)
Password: can leave this field blank
Channels: can leave this blank too (or you could put #computerbank in there so you automatically join the computerbank channel. )
Nickname: can leave this blank
Connect Command: can leave this blank

That's it...

Remember where this entry is in the serverlist...

In the Server list dialogue box - at the very top - you can type in the nickname you would like to be known as...

Once you have done this - highlight the correct server option and choose Connect!

Once connected - to join a channel you will need to type /join #computerbank in the status window to join the computerbank channel...and this is where we are...hopefully when you join - someone may be there for you to ask questions. :))

All commands to do something must be proceeded with the /

eg /list will give you a channel listing...

/join #channelname will allow you to join channels...once on channels - you will have channel tabs down the bottom of the Xchat screen. :))

When logged into a channel - all you need to do is type what you want to say and press enter to send the text into the channel window! And now your in business. :))

I suggest reading the Xchat manual pages at http://www.xchat.org/docs/xchat.html to find out how to make the best of Xchat. :))

If I see you online - I can help with getting the MSN (GAIM) client going....

Cheers,

Kylie

hi its hiedi i still cand load msn or gaim when i done my comp lesson con said that their is a help place in heidelberg and i might be able to get help i am woundering is there a way someboby who knows what they r doing might be able to come hear and help me with plug ins applet loading ect
please get back i hope i have emailed this to the right place
hiedi