From: Bill Farrow <bill@arrowsreach.com>
To: luv@luv.asn.au
Subject: Re: downloading & install how do I?
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 00:07:06 +1100

On Wednesday 02 April 2003 21:37, Avery de Brouwer wrote:
> Dear LUV
> how do I download and installsmall programs for domestic use
> Example CUPS for printing and then how do I install it?
> My printer was already installed
> thanks,Avery

Installing software on Debian, most people I know use the "apt" commandline
programs. Try these commands:
	apt-cache search cups
	apt-get install cupsys-client

For more infomation have a look at this guide.
http://people.debian.org/~psg/ddg/

To help us in the future, we need some info about your system. From your other
emails, I think that you are using Debian but I'm not sure which version. The
same thing with KDE, it would be easier if we knew which version.

You will need to open an XTerm or Konsole to get a command line. The type the
following to find out the version of Debian, then the kernel version.
cat /etc/debian_version
uname -a

The easiest way to find out the KDE version is to select "About KDE" from the
"Help" menu on any KDE application.

Send all this infomation back to this list so that more people can help you.